Friday, January 2, 2015

Farm Pond Pines in Spring

Farm Pond Pines in Spring
6x6" digital over photograph of painting, using ArtRage

Next in my series using Art Rage. A bit simplified compared to the others, using a bigger "brush", with less detail. This was painted over a photo of the beginnings of a 12"x12" oil painting, not the same 6"x6" finished painting used before. See below for a process photo.


It's interesting to come back to these. In the spring of 2013, I intended to make four 12"x12" oils, one per season. I did the under painting of each one on site, on the same day. I wasn't able to pull off the oils. Only summer, basically a larger version of the original 6" plein air piece, saw the light of day. However, with Art Rage, it's easier to let go and let my imagination take over.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bobbi! I love what you are doing with these gorgeous landscapes. It certainly looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete