Friday, December 19, 2014

A Little Fauvism Goes a Long Way

"Fauvist Clouds"
6"x6" oil on Raymar panel
spoken for

I'm teaching a class at Artascope in Yarmouth, Maine, on creating your own style with color. Monday is our last of 6 sessions and we've had a lot of fun. The students have been great, and eager to try new things. We've done toned canvases, bold color under paintings, and studied drawing, values, and mixing clear bright colors. This is my demo from class 4, where I went a bit wilder than everyone else, with a Fauvist rendition of a painting from my past.

We also had some fun doing value paintings over photographs. Below are some of the student paintings. Everyone really enjoyed this one.



1 comment:

  1. Bobbi, it was so wonderful of you to come to my Bella's opening. Wish we could see more of each other and trade teaching ideas.These are great value sketches.

    ReplyDelete