Sunday, July 27, 2014

Castine Plein Air Festival

Sentinel
7"x5" oil on linen panel
SOLD

 Bev's Garden
5"x7" oil on linen panel
SOLD

After the Rain
6"x18" oil on canvas panel
SOLD

I returned this morning from the Castine Plein Air Festival, which was a great success. Forty artists participated, and most of them sold paintings. I sold four of the nine that I painted, and am thrilled. I neglected to take a photo of one of the sold paintings, a sunset from Wadsworth Cove. It was dark when I finished it, and I was painting by feel. I was surprised at how well it turned out when I got a look the next morning!

I especially enjoy meeting other artists at these events, particularly those whose work I know. I'd never met Phil Frey before, though I'd admired his work for years, and enjoyed painting with him. And I was so pleased when he won first prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment