Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Lemon #1

"Lemon #1"
5"x7" oil on canvas panel

I started this blog in 2009 with a goal of improving my painting, by painting regularly and often, just like practicing a musical instrument. And it worked (compare the paintings from early 2009 with those in the summer of 2010). But after a while, I felt like I was doing the same thing over and over. And then life intervened, and I slowed way down. And I could feel how rusty I was getting.

So it's time to get back to practicing! And to give that some structure, here's the plan: each month I'm giving myself an assignment; a subject to learn to paint better, a process experiment, something to focus on. This month, I'm painting lemons. Here's the first one, really simple, a single lemon sitting on a cardboard box.

Any ideas for the next one?

1 comment:

  1. Good idea Bobbi!
    How about a lemon outside a bowl or something looking for a lemon friend. Or two lemons, lemon and friend. Or maybe the lemon has an apple friend!

    ReplyDelete