Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A day on Peaks Island

 "Rocky Shore"
8"x10" oil on Raymar panel
On Monday I took the ferry to Peaks Island from Portland, and what a beautiful day it was. Gorgeous puffy clouds, but still lots of sun, and a nice 65 degrees. After much futzing around checking out locations, learning island history, and finally renting a bike to get to the back side of the island, I set up on a rock overlooking the Atlantic,... and it started to sprinkle. I thought I was back in Brittany with the Wapping guys! I covered everything, took a walk, and it started again. So I just started painting.

 The scene, but of course by this time the tide was much farther in.

 Artist riding the bike with backpack on, tripod and panel carrier in the paniers. Am I sore after all that walking and riding? Yes, but it was a fun day on the island.

3 comments:

  1. Je suis certaine que ce fut un moment plaisir que de peindre sur cette île... Une merveilleuse capture d'un lieu magnifique... Merci pour ce joli partage...
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Bobbi, I like the calm water with the little crashes of waves against the rocks in the distance.

    I like your earlier painting with the yellow house too! The color is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but you stuck with your original low tide composition, always more interesting.
    Love the bike shot. Nice adventure, Bobbi.

    ReplyDelete