Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Iris"

"Iris"
6"x6" oil on Raymar panel

I went shopping this morning thinking about the next exhibition at River Arts. It's called Garden of Earthly Delights and "explores all we envision and experience in our gardens, including the natural forces and creatures that occupy them". I've got a couple of ideas that I want to work on. First are irises. I love the color, and all those chunky petals, it really gives you something to work with. I've done two paintings of them so far, and tomorrow I plan to work on the other idea.

Upcoming workshops:
-- That I am teaching: Daily Painting and Blogging in Damariscotta, ME, April 30 - May 1, 2011
-- That I am hosting: Liz Wiltzen Plein Air Painting in South Freeport, ME, Aug. 19-21, 2011

http://bobbiheath.blogspot.com
www.bobbiheath.com


4 comments:

  1. Very nice Bobbi! Irises in the garden are still a long way off in New England. Thank you for bringing spring to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has great strength and simplicity. The abstract quality is very appealing.
    Thanks,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jogged on over here from DPW when your piece caught my eye! Love your pieces there and adore your work here.

    ReplyDelete