Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Houses by the Lake"

"Houses by the Lake"
6"x6" oil on gessobord

This scene grabbed me the first time I discovered the shore of Winning Pond. All those great houses, and one a vibrant pumpkin color, with wonderful tree shapes, and a reflection to boot! The reflection lasted long enough for me to get the shapes roughed in, but when the wind blew it away, the mosquitoes left too, which was a good trade-off from my point of view. I was able to finish the painting in peace. My favorite part is the reddish tree and the white houses behind it. What's yours?

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love these colors and the shapes you chose to define - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the white houses too and the towering pines. Nice painting. What a challenge to paint outside between the blackflies and the wind!

    ReplyDelete