Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Color Study 3

This is the third of four planned color studies in gouache that go with the original value studies. Here I was using a palette of ultramarine blue, cadmium yellow medium and phthalo red rose, and yes there is a tiny bit of cad red light in the tree greens and a bit of phthalo blue in the far trees. The previous two versions were mainly pthalo blue and cad red along with the cad yellow. As I have mentioned before, I use two of each primary (each one leaning towards one of the other two primaries) plus white. When all four are done, I will show them together. I think I am getting what I wanted to out of this, and I hope you guys are enjoying the ride, with the occasional side trip to other subjects.

1 comment:

  1. I love the purple shadow and its contrast with the green. (What do you cal that green? I love it.)

    ReplyDelete