Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Round Pond" Final Colin Page Class

This painting was done in the afternoons of Colin's class 10 days ago. I made a few changes to the sailboat after the class, to get it into the mood of the rest of the painting. The sun was shining on the point on the north side of the harbor, and the trees and the yellow house glowed. It was gorgeous. I have had a beautiful painting of this point hanging in my sun porch for some years, done by Suzanne Harden, but I had never actually been to Round Pond until taking this workshop. What fun to see the place that I had often admired in Suzanne's painting. "Round Pond" is an 8"x10" oil.

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi, this is nice color harmony. The color of the water speaks of the late afternoon light. Great distance, too.
    Colin is a wonderful painter and he sees and can explain light effects.

    ReplyDelete