Monday, June 22, 2009

"Abstract 1" - NFS

Now that the show is ready, it's time for some fun, time to stretch my mind and get a fresh perspective. My friend Kristin loves abstracts, and she's been searching for some large ones for the office. I have enjoyed looking over her shoulder at the work. I kept asking myself what was the artist thinking about while they painted this? So I did some reading online about painting abstracts. Check out advice from Martha Marshall and Marten Jansen. Here's my first attempt, small of course, since it is a daily painting. I will let you know tomorrow if Kristin likes "Abstract 1" (gouache 5"x5").

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Do more of these! Your question about what abstract artists are thinking sent me to the web, too. I liked this website because it displays a thumbnail painting for dozens of artists, along with the national flag of each, and they're wonderfully varied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the abstract. I want one! Keep it up. The colors are great (a bit Maine cottage-y?) as well as the composition.

    ReplyDelete