Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Bowman's Sky Color" (5x7 oil)

I painted this one on Tuesday at Bowman's Beach, farther north on Sanibel than where we stayed. Mary and I were there for 5 hours and I painted the whole time. It was glorious, the colors changing as the sun moved across the sky and clouds began to come in to the east. I did another one, but the picture is blurred. I will try to get a better photo first thing tomorrow.

Yesterday I drove from Sanibel to Jacksonville, where I picked up my friend Suzanne at the airport and we drove on to Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island (you can tell I like islands). We had an awesome time there today, which I will recount in a later blog, since it is so late. Tomorrow we begin our Carol Marine class in Jacksonville, which we are both excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment